Job Status: Full Time positions available
Job Type: Registered Nurse
Shift: 8:45 to 5:00
JOB SUMMARY: Performs tasks under the realm of professional license. Answers directly to clinical managers and Director of Clinical Services. Works under the direction of licensed physicians performing work-related duties as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the needs of patients (psychological, psychosocial, and educational) and is responsible for patient health teaching and counseling.
- Responsible for triaging in-coming calls, conveys messages to appropriate areas. Takes appropriate action with acute problems and change of condition.
- Assists the physician with examinations and procedures.
- Provides direct care to the patient per physician order (administers prescribed medications, initiates IV therapy, performs treatments/order).
- Documents phone messages, patient teaching, and appropriate information in patient’s medical record.
- Recognizes emergency situations and initiated nursing interventions appropriate to scope of practice.
- Practices principles of infection control and safety.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding their patients.
- Displays concise and clear communication skills.
- Keeps clinical manager and/or Director of Clinical Services informed of concerns within the office and with other departments.
- Maintains good public relations with other departments, MD’s, patients, and families. Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Maintains professional atmosphere within the office.
- Attends OSHA at initial employee orientation and annually thereafter.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Direct relationship with patients/families, physicians and staff.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Graduation from accredited school of nursing. Current New York State License. Excellent customer service skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Classification of work level: Heavy. Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds using proper body mechanics. Requires manual dexterity to operate standard office equipment such as computer, fax and telephone. Requires hearing and vision that is adequate to perform job duties.
OSHA EXPOSURE CATEGORY: Category I (Tasks that involve exposure to human blood, body fluids, or tissues.)