Job Status: FT
Job Type: Business Office
Shift: Hours Vary (start time from 7:15 to 9:30 am)
Shift for evening: (3:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Monday through Friday and possibly scheduled for Saturday or Sunday)
Working under the direction of the Business Office Manager and the Reception Supervisor, is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of patient demographic and insurance information into the billing system.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Counts morning cash drawer and verifies total by running an adding machine tape and initialing and dating.
- Prepares charge tickets for day for each physician.
- Validating referrals if applicable in EPIC system.
- Checking Medicaid eligibility if applicable.
- Greets patient at registration check in.
- Updates and validates all demographic and insurance information with patient. Makes any necessary changes on charge tickets and in EPIC system.
- Checks for referrals if applicable and follow referral policy.
- Communicate insurance issues to clinical staff if necessary. (eg non-par appointment schedule)
- Arrives patients in EPIC system
- Initials and enters time of check in on patient charge ticket.
- Takes co-pay or payment if applicable. Enters payment in EPIC system/notates on charge ticket payment taken (paid stamp), collects payment and gives patient receipt.
- Directs patients to physician offices
- Makes sure patient receives any literature necessary for HIPAA – notates in EPIC system patient received.
- Completes daily reports (e.g., Arrival/NOS report, Medicaid UT auth report, chart assignment report.)
- Responsible that supplies/materials needed at reception desk are ample.
- Completes closing function of desk:
- Charge ticket review and organization by physician
- Cash-up running necessary tapes to balance total of drawer to EPIC system.
- Enters total in Log cash drawer book, initials, and has validated by Reception Supervisor Designee