Working under the direction of the Business Office Manager and the Reception Supervisor, is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of patient demographic and insurance information into the billing system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counts morning cash drawer and verifies total by running an adding machine tape and initialing and dating.
- Prepares charge tickets for day for each physician.
- Validating referrals if applicable in IDX system.
- Checking Medicaid eligibility if applicable.
- Greets patient at registration check in.
- Updates and validates all demographic and insurance information with patient. Makes any necessary changes on charge tickets and in IDX system.
- Checks for referrals if applicable and follow referral policy.
- Communicate insurance issues to clinical staff if necessary. (eg non-par appointment schedule)
- Arrives patients in IDX system
- Initials and enters time of check in on patient charge ticket.
- Takes co-pay or payment if applicable. Enters payment in IDX system/notates on charge ticket payment taken (paid stamp), collects payment and gives patient receipt.
- Directs patients to physician offices
- Makes sure patient receives any literature necessary for HIPAA – notates in IDX system patient received.
- Completes daily reports (e.g., Arrival/NOS report, Medicaid UT auth report, chart assignment report.)
- Responsible that supplies/materials needed at reception desk are ample.
- Completes closing function of desk:
- Charge ticket review and organization by physician
- Cash-up running necessary tapes to balance total of drawer to IDX system.
- Enters total in Log cash drawer book, initials, and has validated by Reception Supervisor Designee
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Must work well with patients and staff of both the business office and the clinical departments.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: High School graduate or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires sitting, standing bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 20 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment such as computer, fax, calculators and telephone. Requires normal hearing and vision.